Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Summer '08 Part 2

NORTH CAROLINA
In July one of Ryan's really good friend got married back in North Carolina so we made the trip to Asheville for the wedding. It was a long trip for such a short weekend but we had a really great time. It was nice to see everyone and catch up.

I insisted that we went to a southern BBQ restaurant for lunch so we went to the "Fiddlin' Pig" It was awesome and the food was amazing!


This was right after I saw a firefly for the first time. I was so excited to see one! I really wanted to catch one in a mason jar with holes on the top but I guess I'll have to save that for next time!


Ryan (the best man) and Aaron (the nervous groom) before the wedding


This is where the ceremony was, it was such a great location with so many spots for pictures


During the reception we went outside and walked around taking pictures-really it was because all the guys didn't want to have to dance but hey, they were all really excited about taking pictures so we weren't complaining!


Hiding in the willow tree


We needed change for the parking meters so me and Ashley went into the gay bar to ask for them to break are bills. It was definitely funny walking in and seeing their reactions, but they were really nice and gave us the quarters after they made sure that we knew it was a gay bar and that we wouldn't be staying! But really I think that the best part is that Ryan and Sean were too embarrassed to go in so instead the two of them stood together right in front of the gay bar...




TWILIGHT
I was so excited for the 4th book in the Twilight series to come out. It preparation I decided to re-read the first three which made me even more excited for the next book. Nicole invited me to go along with her to a midnight release party at Borders the day it came out. We of coarse had to dress up for the event so me and Sydney (who I got hooked on the books too) decided to make shirts. They turned out so cute!


In our shirts ready to go


The back view, me and Syd were so excited about doing this and got way into it. But we had forgotten how long it takes to make a shirt like this!!


I found out while we were there that I was actually related to a few of Nicole's friends. We figured it all out and I think that we are second cousins, its such a small world!


Me and Nicole so excited to finally have our books!



RYAN'S RAFTING TRIP
The weekend I was off doing the Breaking Dawn release, Ryan was at a weekend rafting trip with work. He had tons of fun going down the American River on the rapids.


Ryan and his friend from high school Nate, that just got hired on with his company


Going down the rapids


I'm sure there was an important business meeting taking place on the boat!!







2 comments:

Jill Skouson said...

Looks like you had a fun summer :)I'm a big Twilight fan too! What did you think of Breaking Dawn? I went to a release party at Barnes and Noble. There were tons of people dressed up as werewolves and vampires and in prom attire (not me)! I'm glad to see you just wore a cute shirt and didn't put wolf paint on your face :) There were so many of my YW there which made me feel a little silly but the whole thing was very fun.
By the way Whitney, you have very cute hair. I like the color especially :)

Susie said...

I was so excited to see pictures of your trip- I hadn't seen any of them! It looks like you had lots of fun- the pig place have pigs too???