Tuesday, March 11, 2008

A New Year And A New Job

January started out with a big adjustment for us, which we are still trying to get used to. Ryan took a new position at work as a consultant, which means lots of traveling. He travels from Sunday night to Thursday night, pretty much all over the country. Right now he is gone almost every week but hopefully once he is fully trained he'll only have to be out of town two weeks out of the month. Its a great opportunity for Ryan to grow within his company and he is really loving the new job, just not the traveling part. I've been trying to keep myself busy and I'm sure that my parents are getting sick of seeing me all the time now. But it is really nice having them so close so that I can go down for lunch or to spend the night if I don't want to be home alone. Ryan is getting used to being a traveling business man and loving all the frequent flyer miles he is racking up.


Ryans first out of town install was in Utah and they had a company ski trip planned for that weekend so I ended up going up with my parents Wednesday through Sunday to spend time with the family.

Emma had a sleep over at the hotel with us on Thursday night and me and my mom both got makeovers. She was so into the make-up and had so much fun putting it on us. All three of us looked so good with our bright blue and teal eye shadow on!




On Friday I got a chance to try out my new snowboard Ryan got me for Christmas when I went snowboarding with My Dad, Jon, and Lindsey. I hadn't been in a few years so it took me a little while to get back in the swing of things and even then I wasn't the best! Me and Linz ended up sitting in the lodge to rest and let my Dad and Jon go have fun on a few runs without having to keep stopping to wait for us to catch up!!

We had a fun day and the snow was amazing, but I was so soar after that I couldn't go the next day!
Ryan went snowboarding on Friday and Saturday with the guys from his work and on Saturday met up with my Dad and Jon for a few runs, and according to my dad Ryan is like a rocket going down the mountain.
He came back down to Provo for the night and we flew back home Sunday morning and he was off again that evening to Arizona. Its been a crazy year already with all of the traveling that Ryan has been doing but we're trying to make the best of it and just enjoying the time that we do have together.

No comments: